$4.2 million earmarked for 10 northern Ontario businesses
The Ontario government is providing more than $4.2 million to help 10 businesses purchase new equipment and expand operations in the Sudbury region.
“Supporting Northeastern Ontario’s entrepreneurs and small and medium business owners has never been more important,” said Greg Rickford, Minister of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry. “Business growth is key to healthy regional economies and communities. With this funding, our government continues to strengthen economic diversification and job creation across the North.”
This investment will support economic diversification and growth and create approximately 55 jobs in the Northeast.
The following funding is being delivered through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC):
- $1 million for Rezplast Manufacturing Ltd. in Sudbury to expand its production facility and purchase new equipment
- $1 million for Diesel Electric Services in Sudbury to build a new facility, expand its track infrastructure, and purchase new equipment
- $856,647 for Lecoupe Ice to renovate its facilities and purchase equipment to amalgamate its business operations
- $400,000 for CCM Group Management Ltd. and Metex Manufacturing Ltd. in Lively to build a new facility and purchase new equipment to expand its operations
- $378,400 for B&E Honey Fields Ltd. in Noëlville to build a new storage barn for honey and beekeeping equipment, improve its shipping and receiving area, and purchase more honey boxes and frames to increase production
- $218,300 for Vitto Brand Foods Limited in Sudbury to renovate its facilities and purchase more equipment, and $66,400 to help the company create new product lines
- $169,264 for Canarini Designer Kitchens Inc. in Sudbury to purchase new automated equipment to improve efficiency and capacity
- $145,268 for Top Steel Corporation in Val Caron – a manufacturer of roll-over-protective structures and falling-object-protective structures – to purchase equipment and build a testing facility
- $33,638 for Old Rock in Sudbury to purchase new equipment to increase the capacity and efficiency of its coffee manufacturing
- $22,730 for Land & Sea Aquatics Inc. in Sudbury to purchase new equipment and renovate its facility to allow for expansion