86th annual PDAC lands in Toronto this weekend
March 1, 2018
Print this page
The 86th annual Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) 2018 Convention – the world’s premier mineral exploration and mining event – kicks off this weekend in Toronto.
PDAC President Glenn Mullan is looking forward to welcoming the industry back to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), where more than 24,000 attendees from 130 countries attended in 2017.
“The PDAC Convention is our largest industry event and provides mineral and mining professionals, as well as investors, analysts, geologists, executives, government officials and students, access to an array of programming, short courses, presentations and networking opportunities,” says Mullan. “This four-day event will feature more than 400 presenters, giving attendees a chance to learn and discuss the latest trends, investment opportunities and technologies shaping the sector,” adds Mullan.
PDAC 2018 Convention highlights and attractions include:
• The International Mines Ministers Summit brings Mines Ministers from around the world together in one important setting for third year in a row;
• The Mineral Outlook Luncheon featuring A. Gary Shilling will discuss the outlook for minerals and metals in a world where the supply of almost everything exceeds demand;
• Anaconda Mining Inc. virtual reality experience that will allow participants to experience open pit, underground mine developments and processing plant in 3D;
• A selection of visually-stunning minerals from the Kirwin Collection, on loan from the Royal Ontario Museum, will be available for everyone to see up close in Trade Show North;
• The Northern Ontario Mining Showcase features live demonstrations, training technology and even a robot; and
• The Royal Canadian Mint will display a variety of new gold and silver investment bullion coins and bars. A selection of collector coins will be available for purchase and enter a draw for a set of silver coins.
The PDAC Convention is estimated to inject around $70 million into the Toronto economy from March 4-7.
The PDAC 2018 Convention takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Visit www.pdac.ca/convention for more information.