Festo opens first North American customer experience centre
September 13, 2018
Print this page
Festo has opened its first North American customer experience centre in the heart of Silicon Valley.
With the ever-increasing linkages between making things and controlling processes through cloud computing and Big Data, the company says this high tech hotbed is an ideal site for this newest demonstration pavilion.
The 5,000 sq. ft. Festo Experience Center, Santa Clara, Calif., features a demonstration hall where augmented reality devices allow visitors to virtually experience manufacturing and processing systems utilized in such industries as semiconductors and electronics, solar and flat panel, assembly and test, medical technology, laboratory automation, food & packaging and process automation.
Rotating exhibits showcase active and static displays of the latest automated manufacturing and processing solutions.
Plans call for demonstrations of:
- Modular and reconfigurable systems conforming to the concepts of Industry 4.0 – the fourth industrial revolution
- Cyber-physical devices that change functionality based on downloadable apps
- Predictive analytics relying on smart-sensors, Big Data concepts, and connectivity to the cloud to alert teams to system failures before failures occur
- Cloud-based dashboards and data analytics facilitating optimum overall equipment/process effectiveness
- Solutions for optimum energy efficiency in manufacturing and processing
- Frictionless transport through high temperature superconductors
- Online productivity tools for bringing products and systems to market faster and with less engineering overhead.
The Experience Centre also features a laboratory for focused customer solutions and training and meeting areas.