Capturing rotary motion where conventional sensors fail
March 1, 2018
Joral LLC introduces the PE18 ProxEncoder® non-contact rotary encoder product line. Modeled in a threaded proximity switch housing, the 18mm true non-contact encoder is designed to capture rotary motion where conventional sensors fail. Two USPTO patents enable the PE18 ProxEncoder® to detect on-axis rotation with up to 0.5” (12mm) air gap between the application and sensor.
The PE18 is 100 per cent encapsulated for an IP69k configuration that survives destructive conditions like submersion in hydraulic oil, deep sea salt water, dust control spray, or corrosive wash. Immediately available in common communications including analog, quadrature, and CAN J1939. The PE18 ProxEncoder product line is designed to cater to both mobile hydraulic and industrial installations.
Additional highlights of the Joral PE18 ProxEncoder® include:
• 18mm threaded proximity switch style housing;
• Patented true non-contact position sensing:
– 5” (12mm) gap between sensor and application
– 10” (2.5mm) axial misalignment
– 30° planar tilt
• P69k environmental protection class;
• Rated MIL-STD 202 for shock and vibration resistance;
• Available Housings: Anodized aluminum and stainless steel;
• Available Outputs: Quadrature, CAN J1939, PWM, Analog, and more; and
• Customizable connector options available.
Print this page