DT-BB Series DC Current Transducer
January 21, 2019
NK Technologies www.nktechnologies.com introduces the DT-BB DC Current Transducer, an innovative design which allows a split-core transducer to be installed over existing bus bars or wire, and is easily mounted on a panel or DIN rail.
The DT-BB is rated to measure DC current at working voltage to 1500 VDC. The power supply and output signal wires are connected to the sensor with a terminal block, which plugs into the header on top of the sensor. The current sensing components and the signal conditioning are housed in a single case, effectively reducing installation time and improving both accuracy and safety.
Applications include measuring PV solar power produced by connected panels and DC motor monitoring such as identifying over current conditions before a machine fails and sensing clogged filters or blocked intake to DC-driven pumps.
DT-BB Current Transducer highlights include:
- Standard signal output:
- 4–20 mA unipolar or 4–12–20 mA bipolar output;
- 0–5/10 VDC unipolar or 0–2.5–5 VDC or 0–5–10 VDC bipolar output; and
- +/-5 or +/-10 VDC bidirectional output also available.
- Externally powered: Low voltage 24 VAC/DC is safe and readily available;
- Split-core case: Sensing window with ample space for bus bar, single or multiple conductors;
- Easy installation: Attach to a bus assembly, snap onto DIN rail (using available adapters), or attach with screws to a panel for secure mounting using the removable mounting base; and
- Compatibility with most automation and control systems.
Print this page