Electric fail-safe actuators added to HRS series line
June 14, 2018
Hayward Flow Control announces the addition of Electric Fail-safe actuators to our HRS Series Electric Actuator product line. These additions include both integral battery backup and supercapacitor reserve power supplies. Internal battery backup, as well as internal supercapacitor reserve power technologies, are available up to 440 in-lbs. torque in the HRS2 Series actuators. The HRSN3 Series offers internal battery backup systems up to 1770” lbs. torque, with the HRSN4 series providing up to 8850” lbs. torque on reserve battery power. All models are offered in 24VAC/VDC as stand-alone units in on/off, as well as proportional, modes. Hayward also offers remote mounted transformers for 120VAC & 230VAC installations.
The new HRS Lithium-Ion battery backup and supercapacitor reserve power systems will provide several years of service and, if needed, the batteries and supercapacitors are also replaceable. The longevity of battery backup and supercapacitor reserve power systems is a function of cyclic use, actual service conditions and temperature.
Additional Key Features & Benefits of the HRS Series:
• Units include two (2) volt-free Form A Auxiliary switches rated at 3A @ 250VAC and 10A @ 250VAC;
• ISO5211 Compliant Mounting with double square female drive;
• Raised visual position indicator;
• Temperature Regulated Anti-Condensate heater standard;
• NEMA 4X / IP67 Compliant;
• Two (2)1/2” or ¾” EMT entry ports with sealed cable glands; and
• Manual override shaft or handwheel.
Typical applications or installations include but are not limited to waste water and water treatment, chemical transfer and processing, aquatic and animal life support systems, mining and mineral processing, HVAC, pulp and paper, food & beverage, marine and other demanding environments.
Print this page