Versatile new controls for brushless DC motor
January 17, 2019
Minarik Drives has introduced the MDBL Series, a new family of versatile, feature-rich, configurable controls for brushless DC motors. MDBL drives control motors ranging from 90 to 280 VDC, up to 5 amps/1.5 HP, using either 115 VAC or 230 VAC line sources.
On-board trim pots allow operators to quickly set minimum/maximum speeds, acceleration/deceleration rates, motoring and regening current limits, as well as the proportional and integral feedback gains.
An onboard microprocessor allows for custom programming the MDBL Series – for tasks as simple as changing the purpose of a jumper or trim pot, or as complex as programming an entire application-specific routine.
The MDBL also seamlessly integrates PLC-like functionality into operations, eliminating the need for a separate PLC altogether or enhancing systems without PLCs. These controls are positioning-application capable, with feedback sampling rates of 16Khz. Each drive is designed for feedback from 120° hall effect sensors and can be commanded with a wide range of analog inputs with Minarik Drives’ built-in isolation.
Minarik MDBL Series Highlights:
- UL 61800-5-1 listed (NOTE: this standard will obsolete UL 508C in 2020);
- NEMA 4X packages available in both steel and plastic;
- Doubler mode: Able to convert 115 VAC input into 280 VDC output;
- Isolated inputs: Accepts floating or grounded signals 0 ± 5 VDC, 0 ± 10 VDC or 4-20 mA;
- Diagnostic LEDs for power and status (e.g. undervoltage, overvoltage, short circuit/current trip, overheating warning/trip);
- Thermally-protected – recognizes when overheated as a result of overload;
- Hall effect sensors: 120°, 5 VDC, 75 mA combined;
- SEPARATE current limits for operation and regen braking; and
- 16-bit microcontroller on board, ready for mission-specific configurations.
Print this page